Monday, May 13, 2013

wing$


Author's Note: I know this isn't a book that I wrote about, it's a song. I found that listening to music really makes me think about things. I thought I should write about something that I actually care about.  

*Before reading this, feel free to listen to the song first, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

Why do we dream at night? Because we have an imagination that can take us anywhere, and if you can dream it, you can do it.When you first say what you want to do with your life, everyone tells you that you can't do, the dream is too large. Dreams are never too big, and you are good enough. "I wanna fly, can you take me far away, give me a star to reach for, tell me what it takes, and I'll go so high-"I think that the song "wing$" by Macklemore gives a great sense of hope, inspiration, and encouragement to make me go after my dreams. 

You are probably hopeful for a lot of different things. Maybe you want to go to college or have a painting in a museum. Maybe you even dream about something like hitting the rim on the basketball court just like the song says. "And I was like, "Momma, this air bubble right here, it's gonna make me fly" This part of the song really describes how somebody is hopeful that something is going to happen and that is all what leads up to dreaming. Hoping that you can achieve something greater than what you think you can do. 

Something extraordinary just happened; you are inspired to do it again. That is very important too, having something to push you further in what you want to do. Everybody has inspiration for something but it takes a certain something in a specific someone to make you feel like you are worth something and that you have a chance. "I touched the net, "Mom, I touched the net," this is the best day of my life"" If you listened to the song, you would know that his shoes are what gave him the inspiration to be better, and with that, he felt like he was successful at something.

You've reached it, yes. It might be difficult to push on, but you have to keep going to succeed. Being encouraged is a strong part of reaching your dreams. When listening to the song, I noticed that everything revolved around his shoes, and because he had better shoes, that made him feel more confident and thinking that maybe it was possible to do what he wanted. Maybe it would to you or maybe it wouldn't, but that is how he became encouraged to do something.

Hope, inspiration, and encouragement are three strong aspects that the song "wing$" by Macklemore carry. This song has a real example being that you can have as much money or as little money as you want, but money will never make everything possible. Everyone has exactly the same chance at being good at something and this song really taught that. You just have to find what speaks to you, and makes you want to go after your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment